Arryman Scholarship to SOAS University of London 2023
About the Scholarship
ISRSF is very excited to announce that we are offering a new round of Arryman Scholarships to talented young Indonesians for combined MA/PhD degrees in economics and policy at SOAS University of London, one of leading academic institutions in England.
We launched the Arryman Scholars Initiative in 2012 to cultivate world-class scholars and scholarship in and for Indonesia. We have supported more than twenty Indonesian graduate students studying for their MA/PhDs in the social sciences at Northwestern University in the US. To further support the researchers upon graduation, ISRSF has established a consortium of Institutes for Advanced Research (IFAR) as dynamic academic habitats.
These are the current benefits of the Arryman Scholars Initiative and IFAR Consortium employment:
Scholarships at SOAS Include
- Full tuition
- Comfortable living allowance (stipend)
- Return air travel Jakarta-London-Jakarta
- Student health insurance in the UK
- Dedicated institutional support for Arryman Scholars at SOAS
Upon Return to Indonesia
- Highly competitive opening to join the prestigious IFAR Consortium of research institutes at our Indonesian partner universities.
- Academic salaries significantly above the standard in Indonesian higher education.
- A vibrant and supportive IFAR intellectual habitat with emphasis on research and publication.
- Research Fellow affiliations with leading global universities (including opportunities to be scholars in residence, access to their digital libraries, and other resources).
- Priority access to major grants for research, conferences, and symposia.
- Arryman Scholarship awards are activated upon admission to SOAS University of London.
- Arryman Scholars agree to resign from any current position they hold prior to beginning their studies.
- Upon graduation, Arryman Scholars are expected to join the academic staff within the IFAR Consortium and may not return to any previous position or institution unless it is a Consortium member.
Requirements to Apply
- Indonesian citizenship.
- A firm commitment upon graduation to return and work in Indonesian research and higher education as a member of the IFAR Consortium.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- BA degree (S1) or higher (MA/S2 not required).
- 6.5 IELTS Academic for UKVI Indicator Score (and in all sub-scores).
- 65 PTE Academic (and in all sub-scores).
- 100 TOEFL iBT (23 in all sub-scores).
Timeline and Planning
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you plan to apply, the first step is for you to contact your two recommenders immediately and ask them to start preparing their letters. They will need time. Give them the link to this page for recommendation guidelines. Later when you SUBMIT your online application, your two recommenders will automatically receive an official email from ISRSF with an upload button for their letters.
- Deadline to submit your application: January 31st, 2023 at midnight WIB
- Deadline to receive recommendations: January 31st, 2023 at midnight WIB
- Finalist interviews: February 2023
- Scholarship Awards announced: March 2023
- Application to SOAS: March 2023
- Start MA/PhD at SOAS: September 2023
Ready to Apply :